Brushing Up On Your Gay
Anyway gay questions follow.
Answer them...if you dare...............
1. Which of the following is the only state in the union, to date, to neither provide for nor prohibit equal civil marriage rights (ECMR) to same-gender couples, effectively making it legally neutral on the subject?
a. New Mexico b. Oregon c. South Dakota
2. According to the polling organization Gallup, what percentage of American adults aged 18 - 34 support ECMR for same-gender couples?
a. 51% b. 70% c. 82%
3. What talk-show host on the Fox network said of ECMR that it is not hurting anyone and that it is not a threat to the country?
a. Bill O'Reilly. b. Shepherd Smith c. Glenn Beck
4. Of the three listed below, which one of these current Democratic U.S. Senators supports ECMR?
a. Jay Rockefeller (West Virginia) b. Mark Warner (Virginia) c. Tom Harkin (Iowa)
5. What country in 2001 was the first to legally sanction same-gender marriages?
a. Canada b. The Netherlands. C. Spain
6. Of the three countries below that are located on the African continent:
(1) one allows full ECMR
(2) one has no laws at all regarding ECMR
(3) one imposes the death penalty for any same-sex sexual activity
Match the country with its legal stance as noted above.
a. South Africa. b. The Democratic Republic of Congo c. Sudan
7. Below are the corporations that comprise the top 10 of The Fortune 500 for 2012. All but one offers some sort of protection and/or benefit for GLBTQI people in their employ. Which ONE of these corporations has continually refused to relent in its opposition to protection of any kind for its GLBTQI employees?
2 Wal-Mart Stores
5 General Motors
6 General Electric
7 Berkshire Hathaway
8 Fannie Mae
9 Ford Motor Company
8. Who said, I don't think that a same-sex marriage is the way God intended it to be and that he believes that homosexuality is a sin?
a. Robert Schuller b. Joel Osteen c. Jerry Falwell, Jr.
9. The Human Rights Campaign's (HRC's) Corporate Equality Index (CEI) measures how supportive of both their GLBT employees and their spouses/partners, as well as the GLBT community in general. Corporations on the list are rated on issues such as non-discrimination, equality of benefits, investments made in the community, and various other criteria. Depending on each corporation's performance, it is assigned a number ranging from a low of 0 to a perfect 100.
Based on the corporate policies as defined by HRC in 2011, which ONE did NOT receive a score of a perfect 100 on the CEI?
a. Procter and Gamble (makers of products such as Bounty, NyQuil, and Tide)
b. Ford Motor Company
c. Verizon Communications, Inc.
10. According to the website, GuyDads.com (who, on their website, call themselves Two Gay Jewish Dads) the owners of the businesses listed below are but a few widely-known to have been involved with anti-GLBTQI politicians, candidates, initiatives, and/or company policies.
The CEO of one of the companies listed below, for example, was recorded having said about a man that he was one of the sodomites. You should only get AIDS and die, you pig. After the CEO not only refused to apologize but continued to use such language in reference to GLBTQI people, numerous bloggers sought relief by filing several legal cease and desist orders.
In July 2009, however, the company by whom the CEO was employed denounced the CEO's words and publicly pledged to be more GLTBQI-friendly. The company's policies, for example, were changed to include non-discrimination clauses as well as domestic partner benefits. That year, the company--in response to the lawsuit threats--also donated $100,000 to GLBTQI organizations.
The incidents above describe the experiences of which company that underwent a 180 degree change of heart?
a. AutoZone Inc.
b. Domino’s Pizza
C. RockStar Energy Drink
P.S. Though the following is not directly connected to question 10, I found it interesting in a pretty disturbing way when I read it on GuyDads.com, and wanted to share it with you just as it appears on their website:
Insure.com (online insurance quote-comparison portal): The Company is a major sponsor of Bill O’Reilly’s radio talk show and Bill gives voice to their commercial. In addition to selling insurance, they provide information about the insurance industry. In an article on the business website entitled “Top five ways to kill yourself and get away with it”, They lists the number one way to kill yourself: “1. Being gay.”